What you need to do is disable Wi-Fi and set your PCs Ethernet IP Address manually. Here are the steps to do this.
- Right Click the Windows Start button
- Click Network Connections
- On the Network Settings screen - click Ethernet
- Click 'Change adapter options'
- Right-click on Wi-Fi and click 'Disable'
- Right-click Ethernet and select Properties to bring up Ethernet Properties
- Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Click Properties - to bring up the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties dialog box.
- Click Use the following IP address
- For IP Address enter: 192.168.1.11 (or whatever IP address your IT Admin gives you)
- For Subnet mask enter: 255.255.255.0 (unless your IT Admin tells you differently)
- For Default gateway enter: 192.168.1.1 (unless your IT Admin tells you differently)
- Click OK
- Click Close on the Ethernet Properties dialog box.
Video on Setting Ethernet IP Address